Table of Contents
WordPress the most used CMS in the world!
It alone accounts for more than 30% of the Web (April 2019) and this figure is growing very fast. One of the main strengths of WordPress lies in its rich ecosystem:
• Tens of thousands of plugins enrich the functionality of WordPress. Most are freely downloadable on wordpress.org.
• A large number of themes, many of them free, allow you to customize layouts.
• A number of record contributors and many and varied providers (freelance, designers, agencies, ESN.).
Yes ! WordPress market share is not only “always growing”, it’s growing at about the same pace since 2017. So, how fast does WordPress grow? Let’s start with the numbers from last year.
At the beginning of 2017, WordPress powered 27.3% of all websites. In April 2019, WordPress reached the current market share of 33.6%. Some quick calculations should tell you that WordPress has engulfed 6.3% of the total website market – this represents a growth of around ~ 23.0%.
Google loves WordPress because of the many benefits:
• It is fast to install and simple to use,
• The editor interface has been designed for users,
• A mobile application allows you to update your content everywhere,
• Security updates are automatically installed without human intervention
• It is extensible and scalable
• It is regularly updated,
• Web standards are respected.
More about why Google Loves WordPress
WordPress is especially appreciated for its flexibility and easy learning curve. Since 2007, many use it for classic institutional sites, online stores and any other type of website, as well as for web applications. In the latter case, WordPress is used by developers as a real framework. It becomes a complete technical base for applications with high added value!
WordPress and SEO
First, WordPress is used by millions of people! And new people join the community by creating their first websites every day. The main reason why people choose WordPress is that it is very easy to use and it’s really well optimized. In terms of SEO it’s the best CMS on the market.
In addition, on Google and you will easily find a wordpress tutorial for beginners or the answer to more technical questions.
When we stay in the context of Open-Source CMS, WordPress remains one of the best tools. Above all, because it has been used extensively by SEOs, WordPress has many SEO oriented extensions, whether “basic” modules like All In One SEO3, management tools permalinks, nofollow, redirections, or more specialized plugins, which allow to interact via social networks, to counter the internal duplicate content with different article descriptions on different types of archives and many other more..
1. First of all, WordPress is written using a standard code of very good quality with a semantic markup much appreciated by the search engines. Second, you can make it even more powerful by using an extension like Yoast. This extension will help you to reference your pages, articles, products or other specific contents.
2. WordPress is easy to use -WordPress comes with a built-in feature to update your plugins and themes from your back office. It warns you when a new version of WordPress is available, you can make these updates in a few clicks. Similarly, make backups easily with an extension like Updraft.
3. WP is secure – First, the CMS has been developed keeping in mind the importance of computer security today. It is considered secure to run any website. Finally, to increase the security of a WordPress site, use Sucuri or another specialized extension.
4. The WordPress themes – WP is ideal because there are thousands of graphic templates (themes). So you give your website a “look” in just a few hours of work. So, if you’re looking for a photography, magazine, portfolio or e-commerce theme, the themes register will probably offer you an amazing solution!
5. WordPress extensions – Finally, WP is flexible and can be enriched with extensions developed by the community. Like the themes, there are thousands that you can use for free or premium (paid). These extensions allow you to add new features to your website. For example WooCommerce allows you to do e-commerce, Event Calendar to do event management, etc.
What kind of website can I create with WordPress?
This CMS can be used in many ways:
• Showcase site
• E-commerce website
• Content Management (CMS)
• Portfolio / Gallery
• Membership system
In short, you can use WordPress to create any type of website.
Easy to learn, fast to master
With the right training, the right resources and the right tools, WordPress is easy to master. It always impressive to see the ease with which people manages their websites. The documentation is very well explained, the concepts are simple to understand, the functions provided by the CMS make it possible to save a lot of time, and not to reinvent the wheel every time.
But learning yourself can quickly be a hassle: there are almost too many resources and tutorials on the Internet. Many training programs aim to bring all the knowledge together in a format that allows anyone to learn good practices correctly and quickly.
Often people say: “I have a lot of work and not enough time to learn WordPress, I will have to try something else”! But WP is designed to take repetitive tasks and automate them in order to be able to do things with the least effort possible. WordPress does not use complicated approaches, most of the time everything is logical and natural.